Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital’s Neuropsychology Services provide useful neuropsychological evaluations for individuals with Central Nervous System (CNS) impairment. These include individuals with mild to severe Traumatic Brain Injury, Stroke, Toxic Exposure, Metabolic Dysfunction, tumor, hemorrhage, and injury from lack of oxygen, Cardiopulmonary Illness or Neuro-degenerative Disorders. Comprehensive, thorough assessments assure diagnosis is accurate, and recommendations are appropriate.
Program Goals & Benefits:
- Establish baseline performance and measure progress over time or following treatment
- Evaluate intelligence, academic skills, new learning capabilities, memory functioning, cognitive flexibility, executive functioning skills, planning and organizing skills, visual, motor and sensory deficits, non-verbal problem solving skills, level of effort and motivation, attention and concentration skills
- Address safety issues and the need for support and/or supervision
- Assess substance abuse, social behavioral or personality issues
- Assess strengths and challenges relative to success in work, school or independent functioning
A neuropsychological evaluation is the best estimator of success for new learning or for adapting to a changing environment in individuals with brain impairment. Many experts consider these evaluations essential elements of planning for successful return to school, work or the community.
Diagnosis – Even with the advent of improved imaging techniques, neuropsychological evaluations remain basic diagnostic tools for situations where other tests are inconclusive. Research has demonstrated that these evaluations are more sensitive than traditional imaging techniques in difficult diagnostic situations.
Documentation – Establishes baseline functioning and identifies areas of impairment following injury or illness. Repeated tests document progress over time.
Treatment Planning – Assists patients in clearly understanding their strengths and challenges, and is the foundation of effective treatment and rehab.
Evaluation – Based on Flexible-Core Battery with carefully selected supplementary measure for specific diagnostic problems.
Before You Choose…
Know that consistent with the Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital reputation for excellence, Neuropsychology Services are comprehensive, objective and targeted to your specific needs.
If you would like more information about the Neuropsychology Services at Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital email:firstname.lastname@example.org or call (812) 941-8300.