The NeuroRehab Program is an Outpatient Program that has a treatment team made up of highly-skilled professionals who utilize a combination of treatment strategies and techniques in order to maximize recovery. The therapy team provides a collaborative approach to an individual’s treatment while reinforcing the patient’s strategies throughout the therapy day and maintaining the personal integrity of the individual. The NeuroRehab team also works with your family, physician, employer, school, vocational rehab, and other outside agencies along with your insurance company in order to optimize services and benefits. Your NeuroRehab team is made up of the following professions:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Case Management
- Recreational Therapy/Animal-assisted therapy
The continued communication among treatment team members ensure that we address all areas of need: physical, social/interpersonal, cognitive and emotional.
- Brain Tumor
- Cognitive impairment secondary to seizure disorder
- Metabolic disorders
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (Post Concussion syndrome)
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Other neurological disorders
Continuum of Care
At Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital, we address the long-term impact of the individual’s illness and provide a complete continuum of rehab services. A person’s recovery after an acquired brain injury does not stop after discharge from the inpatient setting. There is a need for ongoing therapy services to continue the recovery process. In the NeuroRehab program, the ultimate goal is to assist the individual with returning to previously real life roles in the areas of home, work, school, and community environments. By engaging the patients in real life situations, they are able to learn skills and develop the confidence needed to rebuild their lives. Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital’s NeuroRehab program accepts patients from other inpatient programs, various physician referrals, and those who have not undergone inpatient rehab.
- Brain Injury Support Group (SITBIF)
- Case management support services available as needed
- Collaboration with Indiana Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Referrals to appropriate community resources
- Patient/caregiver education and family involvement: helping families recognize, understand, accept, and adjust to the ongoing challenges of the illness.
Program Goals and Benefits
The NeuroRehab program offers an interdisciplinary team and goal oriented approach. The program’s goal is to optimize the patient’s recovery in all aspects of their identified areas and to restore function and independence through acquisition of strategies and skills in order to overcome limitations.
Unique Program Features
- Individualized therapy sessions: occupational, physical and speech services
- Therapeutic groups
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Psychological support services
- School re-entry: including IEP/504 collaboration
- Pre-vocational and vocational services: including job analysis, on-site evaluations, and work re-entry
- Pre-driving skills training/screening
- Prevention/wellness education
- Neuropsychological testing
Before You Choose
Southern Indian Rehab Hospital is recognized throughout the community as a provider of quality rehabilitation services. The professional and experienced staff make it our goal to assist tin the delivery of these services in order to help those in need reach their maximum potential and independence in their lives.